1.31.2012

Hi ho, Hi ho, It's back to the gym I go....

Day one back in the gym!

Walking in those big doors I swear the receptionist was whispering about me.. "Ooo where has she been?" Paranoid much? But in all seriousness, I felt like I had to justify why I had been so lazy for so long. I had this big spiel ready. When I decided to calm down and rationalized that no one actually knows me and would have noticed that I hadn't been there in a while... I realised that it was me I was trying to justify it to. Anyways, pre-season is nearly over and I have to kick start this body back into some regular exercise before we hit day 1 of 12WBT... or I may just pass out in the middle of the gym which would be a ridiculous look.

So lets just list the excuses as to why I have not gone to the gym since the second week of December.

Ummmm.

I had a cold... I decided a one week rest would be sufficient for that one.
I then had gastro the following week. TRUE STORY! Def needed a one week rest for that one.
Then we had Christmas. Its against my religion to go to the gym over Christmas.
It was then time to head of to my parents for some time away down the beach
Then throw in some day trips.
Add a buffer of a week or two for babes not sleeping and getting back into routine.
We are now here. The last day of January and I am BACK!

Excuses are done with. Its time to stop whinging and JFDI (Just.EffingDo.It) as I'm told these days.

Oh but I need to whinge some more.... It hurt today! It really did. The whole time it felt like torture! This is really upsetting because December last year, I was hitting that gym 5 days a week and absolutely loving every second of it. Some days I wanted to go twice! Isn't that sickening! Its amazing how quick you lose your fitness. Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me that it comes back just as quick as I lost it.

Wonder how I will walk in the morning ;) Now that will be a sight.

2 comments: