1.18.2012

Mumma guilt... Action plan enabled!


So there was a conversation going on the other day between some of my fellow mumma's and it went along the lines of "what do you do with your toddlers? I feel like I don't do enough with X".

It got me thinking... What do others do? Am I doing enough? Just my usual hypochondriac motherly thoughts really. Once I had calmed down, I realised that Boo does do quite a bit during the week. We have swimming lessons, we have playgroup, throw in a visit to a park or play centre... and the week slowly gets filled up. What I did notice about our week though, is that I don't do enough one on one things with her that maybe she would love to do, but me really not like to do. IE. Things that require my full undivided attention (messy). Not things that I can do with her while I'm folding the washing, doing the dishes or feeding Ace. I'm talking painting, baking, craft activities. Just doing something focusing on Boo and what we are creating as a team.


This is where the action plan comes in... A minimum of once a week, i am going to plan a time where Ace gets to go have a lovely dreamy nap and I am going to bring out a nice messy activity for Boo & I to do.


Action plan has been enabled! Today's activity:
Finger painting! We had a ball. It was so nice to sit down with her and just take in the moment of her having so much fun with something so simple... No distractions, just Mumma & Boo time. Yes there was a bit of mess (I coped better than i thought i would HaHa)... and there were a few tears when it was time to pack it all up, but I can definitely say it was a winner!


I wonder what's on for next week Boo???

2 comments:

  1. WHOA!!! You do alot!! Alot more than I do.. We have mothers group on monday morning.. and that is it.. occasional trip to shopping mall, and trips to Nanna's for a swim.. nothing like you! We start swimming lessons in Feb. and I am looking into gymbakids for my eldest (2.5). The house is constantly a mess, but I am trying to pick up my 'housewifey' game and get on top of things.. hoping that 2012 will not be a wasted year.. they are growing up WAY too fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are growing up to fast! You will love the swimming lessons... I started With Boo @ 6 months and have loved watching her gain her confidence and now watching her in the class on her own in the water is so special. We do have a busy week but not sure if you find it to, having the 2 close in age, that there isn't so much one on one time.

    ReplyDelete