1.25.2012

Sibling love... not a smidge of rivalry in sight.

Today I am thankful for being able to sit back and admire the way that my babes are interacting as they are growing up together.

Seriously! It has been melting my soul with love watching some of their " quiet moments".

Yesterday, there was a moment that Dad'n and I were fortunate enough to both witness that left us both speechless. It was a moment that you dream you will see when you find out you are expecting a sibling for your only child. What happened you ask?

Well... Dad'n and I were in the kitchen (which has a direct view over the lounge room) and Ace was kicking around on the floor. Boo was also in the lounge, fiddling with a new bubble blower machine that she had received only minutes earlier as a "sap-wise" which is Boo lingo for surprise. Ace started crying, as he does, and before I could walk around from the kitchen I was stopped in my tracks by Boo racing to Ace's aid. She started rubbing him on the back saying "sokay Ace... sokay", translation : its okay Ace, its okay ;) While she was rubbing his back she was trying to give him her brand new bubble blower that she had only JUST got, just to make her baby brother happy.

When you are expecting with a smaller age gap (21months) and your first child is still so heavily reliant on you for their needs, its sometimes a little worrying thinking of how your child will react to the new addition. Maybe there will be jealousy or maybe they will become possessive over their things... or people. Yes, there are days that Boo wants me to put Ace down just so she can have a cuddle and that is completely natural. I find it relatively is easy to balance myself between them both. But when you have moment's like the one mentioned above... I think their sibling relationship is off to a great start.

So what am I thankful for? I am thankful for sibling love... and not a smidge of rivalry in sight. (YET) HeHeHe. Maybe I can update this post in the years to come ;)

Linking up today with Thankful Thursday at KateSaysStuff.


18 comments:

  1. oh SNAP!!!

    I was watching my lil squirts in the paddling pool lastnight - Cassie was splashing about making Sebastian laugh.. she then said "Sebastian is my best friend!!"

    Its great!! Even with a 20 month age gap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Steph <3

    My big two are 20 months apart and they adore each other (as do all four really). They fight like cats and dogs, but they are so protective and caring of each other as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate :)

      Isnt it just the sweetest! I had no idea how gorgeous it would be to sit back and watch till I started to experience it.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely thing to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful story! My girls are 18 months apart and moments like those you described are some of my favorite memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it def is making memories isnt it. I have just printed to post off and put a copy in each of the babes keepsakes box. It will be lovely to look back on in the years to come.

      Delete
  5. aww so sweet and cute!! my lil girl is an only child now but she acts the same way with other kids when they cry or fall down.. she will go over and tell them "don't cry, it's ok" just like how we tell her. Tender heart moments..

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ai, it really is nice to see that side of their natures isnt it! Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  6. It is gorgeous when you witness sibling love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is just gorgeous! How cute are they!
    I think kids are amazingly accepting of siblings over all. I guess they just get so used to us doing stuff to them, that a sibling is just another thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! i guess that is also another benefit of small age gaps, they really dont have a chance to know any different. Bless them. Thanks for stopping by Jess x

      Delete
  8. Lovely lovely lovely. So nice to read some good old fashioned love on a blog!

    Good job!

    My two big ones are getting on so much better now that school is back and they are apart a bit more - I thought we were all going to go insane towards the end of our holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much B!

      I think everyone is in the same boat with the kids going back to school, well that's the vibes im picking up from all the fellow mumma's in the supermarket lines anyway LOL ;)

      Delete
  9. It is awesome how protective siblings can be of each other. My girls still fight each other but they also stand together as a team against others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does confirm the reason we wanted a sibling for Boo in the first place. You really do want them to be a team for life <3

      Delete