2.06.2012

I love my new water babe.

Today was Ace's first swimming lesson.

Its official. I now have two water babes!

He has had a paddle in a pool before and he loved that. We  have had good times at the beach, he loved that too. So it was no surprise that at his first swimming lesson, he had an absolute ball! Splashing, squealing... He even got to go for an underwater swim!

There really is a lot to be said about 'second child syndrome'. When Ace was a few months old I thought, nahh i wont start him off early like I did with Boo in mums n' bubs class, he will be right, I don't have the time. Then I had a think about it. Boo was enrolled in her first class at 6 months on the knocker, we counted down with excitement for her first class with the camera's all charged ready to go, and I thought, why should it be any different for Ace. It should be just as exciting! So... today, we had everyone there for Ace's first swimming lesson. We were lucky enough that Dad'n had the day off work. Grandma made an appearance for the occasion and his big sister was all about watching her baby brother in the water. It was lovely.

I was so happy that I decided not to brush it off. If anything, it was just nice to have that half hour in the water that was just about Ace. Not playing with his sister... Him sharing my attention... Just Mumma and Ace time.

Monday mornings are super busy now I have TWO water babes!




No comments:

Post a Comment