3.27.2012

A toilet training adventure... On the go.



After a very big month for Boo, her success in the toilet training department has been taking one back step after another. Understandably, her life has just been turned upside. So we relaxed things a little and went with the flow and have just decided to get back onto it now we are settled in our new home and life is starting to resemble something like normality.

Today was our first day back at playgroup since the move which means an hour each way. Yes, I know I could find one closer but I don't want to. I love our group. End of that discussion.

An hour drive does make an interesting trip whilst in such early days of the toilet training adventures, let me tell you!

After about ten minutes into our journey, Boo starts yelling "mummmmma... weeeeeeeeeeee".

So I pull the car over while screaming "hang on Boo, hang on, mumma will get you out, hang on!" If you have toilet trained before, you know how that plea goes.

There is Boo on the side of the road, pants around her ankles, sitting on her potty, me kneeling down next to her with gentle words of encouragement, it was peak hour so cars everywhere... Your getting the visual, I know you are.

There was no wee. It was a false alarm. That's okay though. I remained positive.

About 5km up the road, "mummaaaaaa weeeeeeee".

Yep, you know the drill, we did it all again, then again and then again.

So at this stage I was still positive, I knew I couldn't ignore her prompts, as the one I do, I'm sure she will wee.

On the fourth stop we had success. One wee and we had managed a total of approx 15kms in about half an hour.

Boo thought it was great. She screams wee, and then gets to get out of the car. Pretty fun.

After that I knew I needed to up the an tee and distract distract distract! A Wiggles CD did the trick, over and over again. LOUD. And I had to do the dances while driving too. Oh how I would have loved to have seen the look on the truck drivers face that I was driving behind.

Just another day. Oh Boo you make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment