7.31.2012

Get ready... Im putting on my ranty pants on!

I don't often have a rant on here. Dad'n usually cops the brunt of it and then I seem to move on.

However... for some reason, this issue here seems to have reved me up a little more than I like and what better way to get some relief than share it with the world ;)

What is this issue your thinking?

Well.

At what point are you seen to be "wasting" an estate agents time?

We have been dealing with a real estate agent that had a block of land we were very interested in. We were very close to making an offer on this block but at the end of the day decided it wasn't the block for us.

As a lovely and helpful real estate agent... he continued calling each week, offering alternative addresses to look at, expressing which vendor's NEED to sell. I have actually not made any phone calls but the initial enquiry on the first block of land. He has been doing all the chasing!

Moving on.

Over the weekend, an established property caught our eye. To our surprise, it was our original agent that had the listing. I was actually really pleased as he was so lovely, I knew he would help us with any enquiries we had on the property.

Wasn't I wrong there.

I explained to him that although we were originally looking to buy land... maybe this property would be ideal and then we wouldn't have to go through the building process... That it couldn't hurt to look right?

He was less than helpful. He was cold. I felt like I was putting him out even mentioning it to him. He was negative. He was presumptuous in some of the things he said. He annoyed me. A LOT!

Where had my lovely, friendly and helpful estate agent gone?

Then it came to me. Did he feel we were wasting his time?

Yes, he had been putting a lot of effort in with us. Offering us lots of blocks of land that were on the market. We didn't like any. That's not our fault. And then I did a 180 degree turn and asked about an established home.

But really, how dare we explore our options!

So now I have a bitter taste in my mouth regarding that beautiful home all due to one grumpy phone call. Yes, I can be high maintenance sometimes but really... If its our so many hundreds of thousands of dollars we are spending, I really don't appreciate getting the vibe that I am putting someone out.

*un-buttons ranty pants and chucks them in the corner*

Ahhhh that feels better :)

2 comments:

  1. real estate agents can be rude a lot of the times. He was probably thinking that you might waste his time but it doesn't mean he should act the way he did. I've had a problem recently about a property we wanted to inspect for rent. I made several enquiries and was always told that an agent will get back to me. Then the last time I emailed them they told me the place had been leased. Without an open inspection done for people to view. I wanted to send them a rude email but decided not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thats not fair at all.. You didnt even get a chance to look at it:(

      Yeh not really a fan of the real estate world atm but I guess you get good and bad.

      Hopefully the universe will send us our perfect properties with lovely estate agents to deal with!

      xx

      Delete