3.13.2014

Creating better days.

I often wonder. What would be the ratio of peoples complaints vs compliments?
 
Everyone always seems quick to ask for the manager to report someone, email a complaint and spread the word to family and friends to avoid a certain business, person or place.
 
But when do we show gratitude to good service, wonderful help, or someone just being a positive influence on every day life?
 
I try to always focus on being thankful and showing gratitude in my own family and life.  But now I have made it my mission to extend that to my surroundings and encounters.
 
It began yesterday.
 
I have been feeling very positive about Ace's childcare that he started attending one day a week this year. It hasn't been the easiest of transitions for us both but we have found the centre to be overwhelmingly caring and made it so much gentler on us both.
 
I decided to write an email to the manager expressing how happy I was with Ace's care. That she has wonderful staff and that I could not be happier having him there... It went into it a bit further than that, but you get the gist.
 
The response from her was so heartfelt. It was beautiful. It also said that what she received from me was so rare that in fact, she couldn't recall the last time it had happened.
 
I hope it made her smile. She  then forwarded it onto Ace's carers, I hope it made them smile. And  I know it definitely made me smile.
 
It was just showing gratitude. That's all it was. It took less than five minutes.
 
Is there something you are thankful for?
 
 Tell the person. Tell the place.
 
Just a thought.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment