3.27.2014

Painting a chalk board wall...

One morning, I woke up and decided that I needed a chalk board wall in my life.

But where?
 
I knew with my (and Dad'ns) OCD ways, we couldn't have it in a main area of the house. Not only would this chalkboard be for me, but the kids would also be on there too. I had already visualised lots of smudged artwork and chalk dust everywhere. This idea took some deep breaths,
 
I decided that our pantry was the perfect spot for said chalkboard.
 
I could have all my fun on it, the kids could go crazy, and when I no longer wanted to see it... I just close the pantry door. Perfect!
 
Dad'n was sceptical but knows better than to doubt my decorating ideas. Mainly because it just ends in me sulking.  
 
My inspiration was found very quickly. Thanks Pintrest. And we were off to Bunnings the same morning. When I want something done... I want it done yesterday. That's just how I roll.
 
So that evening, my chalk board came to life.
 
Two coats. A few drip crisis's, and please note, chalkboard paint isn't the easiest things to get off. You need to wipe it the SECOND it drops. It was a bit hairy scary.
 
 It was so black going up. Dad'n gave a few "are you sure this was a good idea" comments.
 
But then it was finished and I was absolutely in love. It suits our home perfectly! Love, love, love it.
 
 
                   Before                              After
 
       
 
 If you are toying with the idea of adding a chalkboard wall into you life, I say go for it. They are a bit fab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment